Sunday, July 6, 2008

Review of Lelong.com.my



The topic of this week is to review one of the local e-commerce website. I have choose Lelong.com.my as my idea to be sharing with all of you.

Lelong.com.my is founded by History Interbase Resources Sdn. Bhd in the end of 1998. Lelong.com.my is the pioneer of e-auction in Malaysia, and until now, Lelong.com.my still doing good to work out their principle, which is a mission statement of "Serving the community and bringing a high standard of quality into homes and businesses by providing an avenue for on-line trading at a low cost".


Ok ,I am talking too much, but what really Lelong.com.my is ? A means of identifying Lelong.com.my is to use an international comparison that everyone is familiar with. Styled and functioning similar to the international auction site, eBay.com, Lelong.com.my powers a robust and secure avenue for trading in Malaysia. Starting based on Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C) transactions, Lelong.com.my is now moving to becoming a channel for Business-to-Consumer (B2C) relationships. Many distributors have realised the power and ease of using the auction system and are now using Lelong.com.my to trade and grow their business.



So, as a local e-auction website, how can Lelong sustained for so long ? Firstly, Lelong.com.my are providing a double secure and verification system, which is much more secure and better than other e-auction website. Any user which are willing to post or trade item in Lelong.com.my are required to verify their member status and telephone numbers. In the verification of buyers, sellers or company, its required the user's MyKad and Bill heading to verify their status, which preventing them to fraud or phising. Besides, the telephone verification are needed to process the transaction and bidding. By using this 2 security and verification systems, both buyers and sellers are much more comfortable to trade at Lelong.com.my










So, How actually Lelong.com.my can be compete against eBay? As we known, eBay is a worldwide e-auction leader and have experienced work team with superior network from other countries, How do Lelong.com.my develop their competitive advantage over eBay.com.my ?

First of all, eBay were launched their services in Dec 2004, which compare to Lelong.com.my on 1998, Lelong.com.my has succesfully to build a user-friendly interface and reputation in Malaysia. As a local based e-auction website, the resident in Malaysia are keen to use Lelong.com.my rather than eBay. For example, i will visit Lelong.com.my more frequently than eBay because i have used to it. Habitually user will choose what they keen to use in past experience.

Secondly, Lelong.com.my have more choices than eBay.com.my. What i mean is due to more users are choosing Lelong.com.my as their channel to trade, they are more product available at Lelong.com.my and the market are bigger. Hence, user in Lelong.com.my have more choice and can find a more competitve price in Lelong.com.my rather than searching in eBay.


Reference:




Prepared by Ruiz

All right reservced by EnT02 Group Rui,Ean and Agu™

No comments: